Monday, June 1, 2009

More on Rock Band, FINALLY.

Hurray! We are being teased with more Beatles Rock Band information. Behold!

You need to hang out at the site and watch everything, marveling at how amazing it looks. But here are the songs that are confirmed on the updated site: "I Saw Her Standing There," "I Want to Hold Your Hand," "I Feel Fine," "Day Tripper," "Taxman," "I Am the Walrus" (YES), "Back in the U.S.S.R.," "Octopus's Garden," "Here Comes the Sun," and "Get Back." And of course the site says "and more." All of these seem like excellent, representative choices (in fact, I don't know why I seem to have covered so few of them here-- probably because the really famous songs are the scariest to write about). Note the sets in the video trailer in particular. It's all SUPER exciting.

Also, courtesy of Beatles News, here's a live blog of the launch event today. There's extraneous stuff on games I don't care about, but otherwise this is way cool.

I'm too tired to say much else. Except that every day gets us closer to 9/9/09. And also: (screeeeeeeeeam)

5 comments:

  1. That trailer makes it really hard not to start saving $15 a week or whatever it would take. If I only already had a console, this would be a no-brainer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More news, I think: According to the story linked to below, Xbox 360 owners can download All You Need is Love, with the proceeds going to charity. That's an excellent idea that should be repeated on a regular basis; fanatics could be adding new songs to the game for months and months after its release.

    http://technologizer.com/2009/06/01/microsofts-e3-presser-the-games-with-beatles/

    ReplyDelete
  3. And then there's this:

    http://www.cartoonbrew.com/advertising/trailer-for-the-beatles-rock-band.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES-- I saw that you can download the extra song. Maybe that's how they'll eventually trickle out every single song for the Rock Band. I, for one, would totally be in their target market, and I'd download every single one. I hope that many more become available...

    I think you should suck it up and buy the console. But then again, I'm already resigned to it myself. Apparently an Xbox can do other cool things, like play Netflix movies or something. This is how I'm rationalizing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Dear troy,

    "Thank you for your letter of June 12, 2035. As noted in response to your previous 61 letters, we appreciate your dedication to our brand, and never tire of hearing about how you bought an Xbox 360 just to buy our game.

    "Nevertheless, I am afraid it is our duty to inform you that no, at this time, we still have no plans to make 'Some Other Guy' available as a standalone download.

    "Thanks for playing!

    "The Beatles: Rock Band"

    ReplyDelete