Monday, August 24, 2009

Rainy Day Playlist. (Or number-crunching playlist.)

I don't talk much about my job, because I can't imagine it's interesting to very many people, but I will say this much: before I leave for my two weeks out of the country this Friday, I have a lot of reports and so forth due. I've been crunching numbers and syncing spreadsheets until my head spins. And now that there's suddenly a torrential downpour or something outside, it's making me feel even more, I don't know, Bob Crachit-like or something.

What I need are songs I can wallow and feel heavy and rainy in. Here's what I'm listening to. I don't know if these will feel rainy to you, but they do to me.


2. "Rain" (duh)









3 comments:

  1. It may be raining in Boston, but not in Atlanta. We're sunny and 84. Let's see ... that would be: Good Day Sunshine (da)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspired. Not just I'm Looking Through You, but the Ringo/rain trilogy (Yes It Is, You've Got to Hide Your Love Away, Lady Madonna).

    No rain here in southwestern CT, so you'll be singing "Sun, sun, sun, here it comes" soon enough.

    Annnnnnnnd I'm a geek.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilariously, the rain was over before I'd even finished typing this. It was a very Floridian ten-minute rainstorm. But at least it broke the heat for a couple hours so I could walk back to the train without either wanting to die or wanting everyone ELSE to die. (The Beatles help with these tendencies, but only so much.)

    ReplyDelete