Friday, February 13, 2009

Ukelele!

Though to my knowledge they never used a ukelele on a commercial recording, the Beatles and ukeleles seem almost cosmically linked. I first noticed this when I saw Paul play "Something" on the ukelele back in 2004, though he had first done so at the Concert for George.



And of course there's this from the Anthology DVDs.



But I'm digressing. Point is, I read something on A Beatles' Hard-Dies Site today about an ongoing project to record the entire Beatles catalog on the ukelele. I support this project one thousand percent. These recordings will gradually released every Tuesday from now until 2012, so it'll keep us all busy for a while.

1 comment:

  1. Not sure if this counts, but George played a ukulele at the end of "Free As A Bird" . . .
    great site BTW !

    ReplyDelete